You know that song "anything you can do I can do better....no you can't.....yes I can....."
I sing that song in my head all the time when I see cute stuff out there. NO not because I think I can make it better or cuter (well sometimes I do) but rather in general all crafty people are doing that. You know, we don't just cover our babies with blankets, we make cute car seat canopies, now we don't just have car seat canopies they are jazzed up with flowers and bows and buttons.
Remember this....
We don't just carry wipes in our bags, we cover it in fabric and add some bling
Sides
Back
Front
This is really easy to do, I found a video on you tube, but basically you need a glue gun, fabric and braided ribbon. (I tested it with reg ribbon like grosgrain but you need that dimension in the braided along the edge) Then any accessories I used left over giant rick rack and the felted wool and fabric from the car seat cover.
You just take fabric lay it over the wipes case and cut (it doesn't need to be perfect that is why you have the braided ribbon) hot glue around the edges then lay your accessories where you want and hot glue them down, then hot glue the braided ribbon making sure you don't cover the opening ( I think you need a little over a yard of the braided ribbon)
I still had left over fabric so I thought geez, who wants to use those black vinyl changing pads, we need something cuter, so I made
Front
Can you see the line I sewed to make it easier to fold?
Back
Then a shot of the back and then below it folded and Velcroed shut
I started with fabric 24 inches long and 12 inches wide, put a thick batting in between and folded in thirds (approx 7 inches from top and 7 inches from bottom) sewed on a Velcro closure and done!
So YES I am poking fun at myself because I too bling everything I can .
Britt, of course these are for you, love ya girl!
1 comment:
Heidi, your the best! I love, love, love it and can't wait to show it off. Thanks for taking care of your super unstylish friend, now maybe people will think I'm young and hip with child instead off too old to have a baby.
Post a Comment