Dec 20, 2011

Christmas feels like craft overload

I am thankful for my ability to sew bake and craft but sometimes it feels like I do so much that I can't get anything else done. And Christmas seems the time of year where I need to be extra resourceful to make sure I have enough to give a little something to a lot of different people.
I really enjoy trying to find a thoughtful creative gift for others, this year has been a little tougher due to a layoff, unemployment for 3 months (and I am grateful it was only 3 months) but the transition to the new job has been a little rough. But I'm sure things will continue to get easier and I am grateful I have been able to put in a littler more work and a little less money to create gifts. Still I would like a rest from the craft overload I have been feeling lately. I don't know about you but since I no longer have a craft room my house feels like a bomb went off in it and it is driving me crazy!

The gift we put together for friends
 I totally got these ideas from Pinterest. The large snowman is a mini popcorn bag with a printable wrapper from the interest and a glove as a hat. (the gloves were in a 2 pack at old navy for $1)

These are double stuff oreos dipped in white melting chocolate then decorated by the littles with an orange tic tac and mini chocolate chips (in hindsight I know now why the pinterest version used flat Popsicle sticks, the round popped the cookie making the crack but I can't seem to find flat popsicle sticks lately)
Logan's Primary teacher just had her 1st baby last week and is moving to Canada right after Christmas so I made a matching car seat cover, changing pad, burp clothes, and a handy bag for diapers, wipes and a spare outfit. I just love the little birdies on this flannel.
I still have another thing to sew and 3 Jingles 3 Believes and 1 HoHoHo in the wood blocks from a few posts ago for teacher gifts. (Goose has 5 teachers this year and Bug has1) so even if I did a $10 gift card for each that would be $60 and that is not an option this year so instead I spent probably $10 total.

1 comment:

Pattie D said...

I know what you mean Heidi (as I should be back in the sewing room sewing gifts that need to be mailed!). I am ready to sit back and sip hot chocolate and enjoy some Christmas movies! Maybe by Friday....