So it took me a while to feel ok about what I managed to do while cutting out fabric, which was cutting off almost the entire finger print portion of my left index finger. While I am glad it was not my right hand (being right handed and all) I think I never realized how much you use your left hand and that finger. So before surgery tomorrow (after which I might not have use of my left hand at all for 2 weeks) I thought I would suffer tough a bit of typing which takes twice as long without my finger. BEWARE at the end of the post I will attach a picture of my finger I took last night.
So things I love since my mishap...
I put one of these handy (pun intended) gallon sized fits over my hand and I put a hair band around my wrist to keep the water out so I can take a shower.
Anything baby sized it cute but since Mac & Cheese it one of the few things Bear will eat and since Sharp objects and myself are no longer on friendly terms I don't have to cut/measure butter to make my boy food
Anything in a pump is better than trying to squeeze with one hand.
Things I never thought about...putting on a bra, us girls learn how to take it off one handed but putting it on is with one hand is hard!
Shaving, try to shave under your arm with only one hand ( I may be trying to channel my inner Eastern European side)
And for all those who are good with gross here is my nasty dead finger (because what I cut off didn't stay alive)
Tomorrow they will take off the dead area clean it out and do a skin graft of some sort (most likely cutting a flap from my palm and attaching my finger down to my palm for two weeks) so I won't have use of my left hand for a while :(




4 comments:
Ugh, Heidi, that's horrible! And yes, I can't believe how much we need and use each finger/thumb.
Prayers to you!
So sorry to hear of your troubles. But, thank the Lord that modern medicine can do miracles to restore our bodies. We will pray that all will be well.
Heidi, sorry to hear about the mishap with your finger. I hope that it starts to get better soon. Have the most happiest holidays. Love you so much and am so glad you are my cousing.
I like your Frankenstein finger. I'm sorry you have to suffer though. But now you are even cooler than before. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment